R&P is a foreign-managed Chinese law firm, which makes it unique among law firms in China. Founded by Maarten Roos in 2010, R&P has become one of the most trusted sources of legal support for international business in China.
- R&P provides a full range of legal support to international companies investing, operating or doing business in China. Our clients operate across more than a dozen sectors, including retail & e-commerce, agri/horticulture, food, industrial & manufacturing, chemicals, automotive, technology, life sciences, real estate, media, and trading / sourcing.
- We are PRC-licensed law firm, with our Chinese lawyers admitted to the bar. This means that besides advisory work, we also act on behalf clients to negotiate with Chinese counterparts, deal with government departments, and represent clients in Chinese courts and arbitration.
- Our team consists of Chinese and international lawyers that combine in-depth local expertise and broad experience of the Chinese business environment, with a keen understanding of the needs of international companies. Integrity, communication excellence and responsiveness are integral components of our service.
- We do not just offer opinions about the law; we offer real solutions. We want to help clients resolve their legal challenges in China. The law is important but so is dealing with the practical challenges of the Chinese business environment. We will always be pragmatic in our advice and support.
- As an independent law firm with offices in Shanghai and Beijing, we engage in projects all over China. Where additional support is needed, we rely on long-standing relationships with trusted local firms and agents across the country.
Our Core Values
As a Chinese law firm we are fully licensed to advise on local laws, and to act on your behalf on regulatory matters, in commercial negotiations and to resolve disputes. Our foreign and Chinese professionals have in-depth knowledge and long-term experience dealing with legal situations in China, and we are strongly committed to the following principles: